Tips to Make Moving House Easier

Moving house is very stressful, and can lead to many a night of lost sleep. You have to worry about packing everything up in time for the removal men coming. You have to worry about keeping the kids occupied and not letting them get bored and restless, and even emotional. You even have to worry about unpacking everything in time to go back to work the next morning.

Start early:
My biggest tip would be to start your packing early. After all, it’s better to be finished early than it is to start late and be rushing around when the removal men come. Start at the top of the house and work your way down when each room is finished. If you take it step by step, then the packing won’t seem like too much, and you’ll be sure that everything is done. Label the boxes for each room so you know where they’re going in the new house, and you’ll make unpacking all that much easier. Make sure everything is wrapped properly, the last thing you want is to arrive at your new house and have broken goods to unpack. Wrap everything in bubble wrap and/or paper. Make sure each box is lined with plenty of newspaper to protect from unexpected shakes and bumps.

Book the right men for the job:
Booking the right men to move your most treasured possessions can be a difficult task. You’re trusting these strangers with your valuable objects. You’re trusting them to move your memories from one house to another. Cheap furniture removalists is a great company who can help to make your move all that much easier. Remember, you should always look around for the best removal company for you. Book at least 2 weeks in advance so everything is prepared. And make sure you read through the fine print of the removal insurance for your own peace of mind.

photo image_zpsdispqxrs.jpeg

Image from Morguefile

Think ahead:
Pack first night essentials in a separate box and carry it with you. Also, make sure everyone has an overnight bag with enough toiletries to last everyone the first day or two. Things such as a kettle, tea and coffee should be packed somewhere that is easy to reach. If possible, finish any laundry before you pack everything up, the last thing you want is to be packing and moving damp clothes. Not only are wet clothes heavier, but they will also cause the boxes to get soggy and more fragile to transport. Use this as an opportunity to sort through your possessions. What do you need and what can you live without? My top tip would be to leave everything packed for a few days. Whatever you don’t pull out of its box isn’t necessarily needed in your life, and if it were you would have pulled it out by now right?
If you follow these tips then moving house will surely be a hell of a lot easier. I wish you a happy move and a happy new life in your new home. And when decorating your new home, why not add some style and splendor? Make your new home a fabulous expression of yourself!

contributed post

1. A good way to be sure and relax when moving is hiring transition services that will help you.

2. Struan Baird says:

Completely agree with the article and finding the right removal men is crucial. Always try and find reviews about the company on Google or trusted sites like Yell.

3. Marie says:

Just visited your blog and find this very helpful. I agree to your point on booking early for people to help with the move. Would also be wise to have a checklist for these tips. Thanks for sharing this post!
    Marie recently posted..When to Move – The Best Days to MoveMy Profile

4. Lara Elsey says:

I recently moved from my place.Hiring the right removalist is a necessity if you want to enjoy a move that goes as smoothly as possible.For ultimate protection when you move to a new home, hire a reputable removalist and take out your own transit insurance, just in case something does go wrong.
    Thank you for posting informative article.

5. Kate Hayden says:

Hey Wendy,

Great Post Buddy!

Yup, moving can be so stressful, especially if it’s long distance! My husband got relocated for work as I am 8 months pregnant but we did all the investigation we could to make it as stress-free as possible.

I am not above paying a service to help transport my stuff. My two cents would be, get rid of as much as you can before you pack, and pack a travel bag with essentials to keep with you!

Thanks
    Kate

6. jollydolly says:

Hi

Great share,,,

I am Looking for Professional home movers but I didn’t find anyone.
    Well, Thanks for these great tips now I can manage my whole stuff and move to another home easily.

7. Jesse Urbano says:

Yes, moving is never easy. And it can get worst if you trust a unreliable rental company that doesn`t offer what it promises.
    Jesse Urbano recently posted..Budget Truck Rental Discounts – Save Up to 30% from your Order!My Profile

8. Moving in can be both thrilling and tiring. There tons of things to consider. Good thing we have articles like this to guide us in doing so. More power to the author!

9. Be at the comfort when you are moving by hiring the right people that will help you in moving.

10. Alice says:

Very well said Wendy, That’s a good idea to look around for a removal firm. I am looking for a professional, reliable overseas removal company right now, but I haven’t done that. It’s true that I don’t want to be steered into a position that isn’t right for me. I’ll make sure that I visit some removals firm this week.

Thanks for sharing so much information about this.

11. Esther Diaz says:

Awesome article! I’m planning to move to another apartment and reading this one helps me on what to expect and what to do in the long run. You really have an awesome blog. keep it up! 🙂

12. Moving is definitely difficult especially if you have lots of lots item that you must pack it all with pressure. HAHAHA! But, fortunately, this moving article statistics has significant content and tips to make your moving day smooth and hassle free. Thank you, Wendy! More power to post educating words.
    Paul Weinmann recently posted..Have Stress Free Moving with Packing ServicesMy Profile

13. This moving article is absolutely precise and it has an excellent insight of planning ahead of time for relocating and pack all the most essential item to bring especially extra money, medical kit, and ETC…

Nevertheless, I have friend had thought for a move, I think these numerous moving tips are definitely fit for their plan. Thank you, Wendy!
    Francisco Reeves recently posted..Things To Do Before Hiring Full Service MoversMy Profile

14. Marvin Clark says:

Hello Wendy..! I already finished reading your article and I definitely agree to you. Relocating is difficult so, you should plan earlier than you think. In our first moving and hopefully this house is permanent, we did just one mistake, we forgot labeling the boxes and it so difficult to guessing of where for the kitchen, for sofa and even for the rooms. But overall we finished.

Moreover, this information is advantage for the firs-timer in relocating.
    Marvin Clark recently posted..Have Stress Free Moving with Packing ServicesMy Profile

15. Brian says:

Starting packing as early as possible will make moving so much easier. Packing will almost always take longer than anticiapted so it’s important to do it as early as possible. Thanks for the advice!
    Brian recently posted..Columbus was Moving on the RunwayMy Profile

16. Edgar Nunes says:

You’re right Wendy..! By planning relocate ahead of time is the best thing you can do to avoid delays and you can move smooth and hassle free…
    Edgar Nunes recently posted..Have Stress Free Moving with Packing ServicesMy Profile

17. Completely agreed, moving is difficult and mentally stressful. Most worsting is you hired a bad movers that they are not carrying well your item especially the fragile like mugs, plates, glass,and ETC, that’s why it’s better to do a research for the moving company you want to hire and planning ahead of time for big move is a must to avoid problems and delays. Hopefully our home now is permanent and hope we do not needing move one.
    Steven Reeves recently posted..Things To Do Before Hiring Full Service MoversMy Profile

18. David Ray says:

All tips are really important, and your right planning ahead time is the first step to do, especially making checklist for the task to make everything fast and easy at the same time you will earn money if you have items to purge or make a garage sale.
    David Ray recently posted..Benefits of Hiring Movers When RelocatingMy Profile

19. Great information! I really like all your tips you had mentioned in this blog. I also think that it’s very difficult to move your house from one place to another place. These will be beneficial tips for us. Thanks for sharing such informative blog.

1. August 9, 2016

[…] you putting the land around your home to good use? Many people have more land than they know what to do with. Some people are happy with […]