My son loves it when we have visitors. He has been asking lately when will we have visitors again in the house. And so I invited a few friends over for bonding and cooking.
With invited friends around, my Firstborn and I baked Chocolate Zucchini Cake this afternoon.This one’s frosted with a mixture of milk and confectioner’s sugar.
Here’s the recipe if you’re interested to give it a try:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups white sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 3 cups grated zucchini
- /3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9×13 inch baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Add the eggs and oil, mix well. Fold in the nuts and zucchini until they are evenly distributed. Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes in the preheated oven, until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool cake completely before frosting with your favorite frosting.