Kiddoes woke up early yesterday. As soon as Little Dynamo’s eyes were open, he asked me “What day is today, mommy?” “Today is Children’s Day”. Yeheyyyy! “What do we do?”, he asked with high expectations. “We Will bake!” I have never said it with as much gusto as I did yesterday morning. The truth was, there was nothing for us to do. Lol. No hubby around. Other families were surely busy with their own kids, too.
As soon as breakfast was done, we began preparing the ingredients for our Banana-Zucchini Bread. Little Dynamo and Baby Dynamo had fun messing our little kitchen. They actually were able to help me! Mashing bananas and stirring the ingredients were like games for them.
If you want to make your own Banana Zucchini Bread, here’s the recipe:
- 3 cups flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 cups sugar (I use brown sugar)
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup mashed bananas
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Mix dry ingredients in a bowl (flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and walnuts).
- In a separate bowl mix eggs, oil, mashed bananas, grated zucchini and vanilla.
- Mix 1 and 2 together until smooth.
- Preheat oven to 175C. Bake for 45-50 minutes.
Yes, it is very simple.