expat living

Renewal of Alien Registration Card for E7 and F3 Visa Holders- South Korea

As an expat family living here in Seoul, we renew our visa and Certificate of Alien Registration every year. We recently went to the Immigration Office in Mokdong and we applied for the renewal of our visa and our re-entry permit. Let me share this to those in the same status as we are.

My husband is an E-7 visa holder and as his dependents, my son and I both hold an F-3 visa. The applicant has two options for the re-entry permit: single or multiple re-entry. We always choose the multiple re-entry for 50,000won. Single re-entry permit costs 30,000won. Our passports are now conveniently stamped with our multiple re-entry permits and our Alien Registration Cards are newly-stamped with the extension of our stay so we are legally staying here until next year:-).

We submitted the following documents:

  • application form
  • employment contract of my husband
  • company ID of my husband
  • sponsorship letter from the company
  • Certificate of Employment
  • tax payment
  • company registration
  • stamp – obtained after paying 50,000won (multiple re-entry permit) and 30,000won (visa renewal)

Facebook Comments
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

58 thoughts on “Renewal of Alien Registration Card for E7 and F3 Visa Holders- South Korea

  1. After examine a number of of the blog posts in your web site now, and I really like your manner of blogging. I bookmarked it to my bookmark web site record and will likely be checking back soon. Pls check out my site as nicely and let me know what you think.

  2. Hi ask ko lng…. I’m living here in Philippines now… tapos ung f1 visa has already expired last 2013.. pede ko pa po ba ma renew ulit dito sa Korean embassy sa pinas?ano po needed ko? At pa expire na den po passport ng baby ko nxtyr pde q den po ba iparenew?ano din requirements? Salamat po sna matulungan nyo po aq

    1. Hi Diane, please check this out:
      F-1 Visiting or Joining Family (방문동거)
      The F-1 visa is for those living with people legally working in Korea. These holders are usually not employed in Korea. They may be employed by the person they are living with or they are being taken care (they are a minor) of by someone working here.

      The F-1 visa process needs to be started in the home country prior to arriving in Korea. Documents need to be submitted to a Korean embassy/consulate abroad. From then, you will be given a visa issuance number which can be taken to the Korean immigration office in Korea. A proper F-1 visa card (ARC) will be issued at that point in Korea.

      The validity period of the F-1 visa is between one and three years. It expires in conjunction with the person you are with who has a legal working visa. If you are staying with a Korean family, it is evaluated on a case-by-case basis. (source: http://www.worknplay.co.kr/index.php/mod/article/act/showArticle/art_no/156)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

CommentLuv badge